No, that is not a typo! We have a FREE challenge to anyone willing to step up to the plate and as you may have guessed it is all about VEGETABLES!
You may be thinking, "I already eat my veggies" or "Yuck, I am passing on this one." This is a GIANT accountability opportunity as well as an opportunity to add 28 more recipes to your toolbox! That's right- 28 new recipes. This 28 day challenge will highlight 28 veggies. Each day you will receive the veggie, the health benefit, what is looks like and how to prepare it. Each day is a brand new veggie with a brand new recipes - sweet!
At the end of the challenge all 28 new recipes will conveniently be compiled and available to download and print for your very own cook book!
Oh and let us not forget...a challenge is not a true challenge without accountability, right? Since all of this is conveniently done with Coach Catalyst (formally known as Habit Catalyst) with your daily veggie education you will also get the accountability question, "Did you eat servings (fists) of veggies yesterday?" This daily accountability will encourage you to pile on the veggies which will help you to look and feel better - win!
This challenge does not cost you a dime. All we ask is that you take the time to explore the vegetable world and step out of your comfort zone. Try something new and share your new vegetable tales with us on the Get Fit NH Family Page!
If you accept the challenge and wish to make a positive change then here are the key dates you need to know!
Sign up: Today. The cut off is Friday July 21st...DON'T DELAY!
Start date: Monday July 31, 2017
End date: Sunday August 27, 2017
I want to make eating unhealthy HARDER than eating healthy. Wouldn’t it be nice if you had to struggle to eat foods that were not good choices? Wouldn’t it be helpful if you had access to all the goodness of nutrition without sifting through all the other?
Jumpstart Nutrition Coaching is your one stop for the answers to these questions. While we can't solve every issue in an hour, we can get a good jumpstart on them. This is where your nutrition coaching begins.
Begin Your Jumpstart
Date: Wednesday, May 10th
Time: 6pm to 7pm
Place: Get Fit NH Concord
There is nothing fresher, tastier, and yes even more friendly to the environment than having local produce grown by local farmers. For those of us who don't have the time or talent to grow our own veggies, getting involved in a CSA is like gold! (CSA= Community Supported Agriculture)
This is where it gets exciting, Get Fit NH is sponsoring a pickup place for Brookford Farm's CSA. You will be able to pickup your veggies at Get Fit NH in Concord. Last summer we did this and it was fantastic. For those of you out in Epsom, Coach Nancy will bring your food to the Epsom gym for pickup there as well. I would say that's perfect for everyone!
Brookford Farms has an easy registration process. They have different packages to fit your family's needs. While registering simply check the box for Get Fit NH Concord as your pick up place. Your veggies start arriving on June 5th, 2017 to October 22rd, 2017.
You can register using this link: Brookford Farm CSA Online Registration
If you need help, please contact Jodi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-742-4084.
Don't wait til the last minute to sign up!
You have heard us preach time and time again about how having a plan can change your life. I want to take a small bite out of life and just tell you a few things about how planning and preparing can change your mood and the whole tempo of your day.
Here are a few things I do for my specific situation that make sure each morning is enjoyable, stress free and ready to go:
1. Prepare the coffee pot. I put fresh coffee grounds in and make sure the water tank is full…all I have to do when I wake up is push start. I even put the mug next to the coffee maker with a spoon inside so that all I have to do is pour. If you are a tea drinker, you can have your tea bag out and water ready to go. It may sound silly, but sometimes we’re a little foggy in the morning and spend a lot of time trying to remember what we were just about to do.
2. Box up your lunch. Whether it is left overs or a fresh salad, put it in Tupperware the night before so that all you have to do is grab and go.
3. No dishes in the sink. This is a house rule. I NEVER go to bed with dishes in the sink. In fact, I never leave my kitchen with dishes in the sink. You don’t need to be waking up to dishes either. Who wants to start their day by cleaning up a mess? A clean home really is a happy home. Less stressful when you're organized 🙂 .
4. Prepare your kids’ breakfast. I prepare my son’s oatmeal the night before and place it in the fridge. I even take the spoon out of the drawer and put it next to the microwave along with a banana. When I get his breakfast ready, all I have to do it pop his oatmeal in the microwave. I also fill his water cup and his milk cup so that those are readily available. I know a lot of you have young kids who need to get up and get ready for school…how can you help you and them have a better morning and not feel rushed? You would be surprised what a minute here and a minute there can do to change the mood of the entire day. If you don’t have kids, then all you have to worry about is YOU and getting yourself ready for the next morning, and you can use the same practices for your own breakfast. If you usually have veggies with your eggs, make sure your veggies are chopped and ready to go for the morning.
5. Make a daily list. What do you WANT your morning routine to look like and what CAN happen the night before to help that run smooth. I live and operate off of lists. I know we have to veer off that path because things come up every now and then, but routines are a good thing and we can’t get into a routine without a plan.
What are you going to do to make sure you have the day you want to have? You are in control, but not without a plan!
Real food is always THE BEST choice when it comes to fueling your body, but some days are just a blur. When we are running around or we have a busy morning it is so easy to fly off track and make bad choices. Recently my mornings have been INSANELY busy. Tending to a newborn, chasing a toddler, sleep deprived and HUNGRY is a recipe for poor choices so these have been 3 shakes/smoothies have helped me make it until nap time when I can feed my mouth with real food!
Blend and serve with an umbrella in a goblet glass and pretend you're laying on a beach in Mexico.
Iced Coffee Delight
Shake it up!
*Choosing this over your daily DD run will save you about $40/month, temptation and calories! A container of UMP lasts about a month and costs $38. A medium iced coffee at DD is about $2.35 (I totally don’t know from experience!). That adds up!
Gettin' the Greens
Blend and serve. I realize this SOUNDS kinda yucky, but it is SO delicious!
Warm weather is coming - which one do you want to try?
If you have been with us for longer than a month, than you probably know we talk a lot about nutrition and we offer nutrition coaching as well. If it wasn’t important and 100% necessary for results, then we would not waste our breath. Keep that in mind if you are a student struggling with results, but haven’t jumped on the nutrition ship yet.
It isn’t an easy leap, but I can assure you Coach Nancy has poured her time and heart into simplifying for you. In case you are new to our blogs, allow me to remind you, you cannot out train poor eating habits. Below are 3 ways you can get in control and start making steps in the right direction. These are habits and won’t feel natural right away. Start with one and work your way up until one, two, or all three become part of your routine.
1. Meal plan. Your family should be involved in this. It can be done while watching TV. It takes almost no effort to figure out meals that everyone likes. There are plenty of recipes that can be tweaked to make smart choices. Ever tried almond flour chicken fingers? It is a favorite in this house!
2. Make your grocery list from your meal plan. When I make my grocery list based off the plan it reassures me that I won’t forget anything, because I checked to see what was in the house. To take it a step further, I always make my list based on the layout of the grocery store. This way I am not tempted to go down any additional aisle. When I go to the grocery store with a scattered list, I ALWAYS forget something which can quickly lead to a bad choice if you don’t have what you planned for.
3. Meal prep. My husband teases me, because when I get home from the store I take everything out of the bags and line it near the fridge or cabinet where it goes. I put everything that can go away in it’s spot and prep everything else that I can to make my week easier. Chop veggies, boil cauliflower, cut meat, etc. Because of my schedule I usually prep on Sundays for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday I have more flexibility so I prep for the rest of the week at that time. You know your schedule. Do what works best for you.
You don’t have to do all of that, but start somewhere! Jumping aboard the nutrition ship can seem like a ginormous leap, but with small steps you will find that you are ready to step up. We are here for you!
Guilty? You’re not alone. This is probably one of the most common issues I hear when chatting with people. How can you stop the madness? You know it is contributing to the way you feel, you don’t actually enjoy it, because when you are done you are left feeling guilty and kicking yourself for giving in again. That darn voice in your head is powerful, huh? It’s time to show that voice in your head who is boss. Until you do, you are going to be stuck.
Here are 3 ways to help yourself meet the goal of kicking this habit!
Oh and a bonus tip? Brush your teeth and go to bed! Who wants to snack after brushing their teeth? Not to mention we could all use a little extra sleep!
Make it Happen,
Our crock pot freezer meal workshop was so popular in the spring that we’ve decided to bring it back again! This time we're offering it on a Wednesday night in Epsom.
You cannot delay on this because spots fill up FAST!
I love cooking, but there are times when I don’t have the opportunity to cook each night. Lori from Epsom has been making freezer meals for the crock pot and raving about them, so she agreed to bring them to us!
These meals are another way to make dinner quickly and easily AND a different way to plan and prep your meals for the week or the month.
But wouldn't it be better to avoid steps 1 through 3?
I thought so!
Sign up for the Crockpot Freezer Meal Workshop on October 5th and we will do the hard lifting for you.
Here are some of the comments from students who participated in our last crockpot workshop:
"I loved the crockpot seminar. It was fun and has been feeding my family for the past several weeks. We loved the cashew chicken and beef stew the best! I liked how we were able to leave with the meal completed and participate. Thank you for putting this on!"
"THANK YOU so much for sending these. I just loved the workshop and look forward to the next one. What a great way to prepare healthy meals quickly."
"I LOVED the Saturday class on crockpot freezer cooking. My husband and I had the balsamic chicken last night and it was great."
"I thought the class ran smoothly. I liked the set up, and it was fun to work with people I had never met. I really had fun."
Just to remind you, here are the 5 meals we will be making together and you will be taking home:
Each meal feeds 4 to 6 people, and they are yum-mee!
Space is limited to the first 15 that register, so get in on the Crock Pot Freezer Workshop by clicking the “Register Now” button below.
Crock Pot Freezer Meal Workshop
Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Time: 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Location: Get Fit NH Epsom
Cost: $80 (that's just $16 for each meal that feeds 4-6 people!)
Please fill in the form below and let us know you want in on the November 5th Crockpot Freezer Workshop and we will notify you before it opens to the public!
I don’t want you to find out about this too late. Brookford Farms has been delivering boxes of vegetables all summer long, and they are not done. Become a CSA member and you can pick up your box of veggies and goodies after you train? A one stop shop – cool beans.
As you probably know we are huge fans of CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and have written on the topic quite a few times, so when Get Fit NH Superstar Carlene Ruesenberg told me about the Brookford Farm CSA I was excited to pass it on. But there is more here than just information. Hold on…..
There is nothing fresher, tastier, and yes even more friendly to the environment than having local produce grown by local farmers. For those of us who don’t have the time or talent to grow our own veggies, getting involved in a CSA is like gold!
This is where it gets exciting, Get Fit NH is sponsoring a pickup place for Brookford Farm’s CSA. You will be able to pickup your veggies at Get Fit NH in Concord. For those of you out in Epsom, Coach Nancy will bring your food to the Epsom gym for pickup there as well. I would say that’s perfect for everyone!
Brookford Farms has an easy registration process. They have different packages to fit your family’s needs. While registering simply check the box for Get Fit NH Concord as your pick up place. Your veggies start arriving on October 24th, 2016 – March 12th, 2017.
You can register using this link Brookford Farm CSA Online Registration
If you need help please contact Jodi at email@example.com or 603-742-4084
Thanks Carlene for doing all the legwork to Make this Happen!
There’s no doubt there are many mixed messages on the food labels, fad diets, and in the media about how to eat healthy. Combine that with today’s hectic lifestyle that makes “grab and go” a lot more likely than “sit and relax” and you’ve got a mess.
“A Smooth Way to Eat – Smoothies 101” is being hosted by Coach Nancy at Get Fit NH Concord on Saturday September 17th from 9:00- to 10:00 a.m.
This “hands on” ‘Smoothie workshop’ will introduce you to the basic points of nutrition and what key elements our bodies need. We’ll be sampling a wide variety of your favorite recipes, from “Melissa’s Mean Green” to “Chocolate Peanut Butter in a Cup” to “Almond Joy”.
You’ll walk away with enough smoothie information and recipes to fuel your body properly. You’ll be able to buy protein powder that night to get you started on your smooth way to eat. Coach Nancy will also go over the different types of protein the Get Fit NH sells. UMP, SFH, or Plant Fusion all come in a range of flavors. We’ll be highlighting how to use Vanilla or Chocolate, so you can start creating your own quality smoothies right away. (Make sure you check out the bonus recipes below)
A Smooth Way To Eat
Location: Get Fit NH Concord
Date: Saturday, September 17th
Time: 9 am to 10:00 am
Post Workout: Chocolate Cherry Bliss
Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy. Pour immediately into a large cup. Eat with a spoon or a large straw.
420 calories, 26.5 g protein, 19 g fat, 36.5 g carbs
Anytime: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy. Pour immediately into a large cup. Eat with a spoon or a large straw.
271 calories; 22 grams protein; 12 grams carbs; 15 grams fat (3 grams saturated)