A Very Special Spotlight
I recently had the opportunity to train in Epsom and then had an opportunity to coach in Epsom. I had to put the leader of the pack in the spotlight after observing this community. Epsom has something special about them. They are a smaller, more close-knit community. They are hard workers and pushed by the one and only Coach Nancy. While I was training in Epsom she pushed me (a fellow coach) harder than I would have pushed myself. Everyone needs a coach and she is a very special one.
While I was coaching in Epsom I asked the 3 morning classes to finish the sentence and here is what we got...
9AM Epsom: Coach Nancy helped me to achieve...
- Self confidence
- Walk without a fear of breaking my ankle
- A healthier outlook on life
- Strength and balance
- Pushing for more
- Change my eating habits
6:15AM Epsom: Coach Nancy taught me how to....
- Believe in myself
- Think about the food I am eating
- Drive by the Donut Shop
- Recognize my achievements
- At least try it and listen to my body
- Forgive myself and start over
- It is always doable
- Eat healthy and delicious foods to stay energized
5 AM Epsom: My favorite part of training with Coach Nancy is....
- Positive attitude
- She is always there for you
- Her smile
- Her energy
- Always getting bigger weights placed in front of me (I call that the kettlebell fairy!)
- Making me feel welcome and supported
- Her kind spirit
- Everyday is the best day ever
- Wonderfully positive support and encouragement
- She always has a positive disposition and smile on her face and I always feel more positive when I leave
- She has special telepathic capabilities or maybe it is just the mom factor and she just knows when something is wrong or you feel like giving up then BAM she has your back
- She is a problem solver
- She is always willing to share her nutritional knowledge and advice
- She makes me laugh at silly things
- She plays angry music and doesn't even know it
I can tell you that as a coach myself these are exactly the answers we strive for. This is our mission and our purpose. I am proud of Coach Nancy for making 100 students feel this way each and every day. Thank you for giving me something to strive for, Coach!
Keep making it happen,