“Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
This quote captivates a positive attitude of clients I’ve heard lately. They were not quite as poetic when they breathed a deep sigh while exclaiming, “I had to talk myself into coming to class today”.
At Get Fit NH Bootcamps our goal is to make you work hard and give you a great time while doing it. But we are also realistic.
After last week’s weather and many clients going without power for several days, it can be hard to drag yourself out of bed to get to the early morning class time. It is also difficult to push beyond the workday and hit your 4 or 6 PM class.
But as many did, you just need to suck it up! Do what you know needs to be done.
What will you get with this attitude?
- You’ll be one step closer to the goals you’ve set for yourself
- The natural good feelings that occur from a hormone in your body that rise after exercise.
- A sense of accomplishment and success
- The applause of the group as we close the training session
- An instructor who knows you’ve ‘Made it Happen’.
What will you avoid?
- Being caught in the downward spiral of missing one workout which easily leads to a second and then a third and so on and so on.
- The Emotional beating given by yourself because you missed your regular scheduled training.
- Because you are already emotionally down you start to eat and we are not talking a spinach salad with grilled chicken.
- Risking losing progress on your goals especially if you allow the other three to begin.
- Stress which releases hormones that aggravate weight loss and keep muscles tight.
So the next time you want to head back to bed or drive directly home, think about how far you’ve come, and where you still want to reach.
Remember that you deserve to reach your goals, and don’t let anything or anyone get in your way.
Remember only you can Make It Happen!