Right Fit Fitness is Coming to Get Fit NH
Autism Fitness and Right Fit Fitness is coming soon to Get Fit NH!
We hope to accomplish three things for those living with autism:
- Help professionals working in schools throughout the state to be better equipped to bring fitness programming to those with autism;
- Empower parents to make use of the Autism Fitness approach;
- Our new division, Right Fit Fitness, will formulate and provide appropriate fitness programming for adults on the autism spectrum.
How will we do this?
- November 2, 2019: Try This @ Home workshop: This workshop is for PARENTS and CAREGIVERS of those on the spectrum; You will learn how you can use the principles of Autism Fitness to set up a fitness program at home. In addition, we will discuss the importance of your sharing this approach with the professionals who work with your school age child: gym teachers, physical therapists, etc. and urge those professionals to sign up for the weekend in January (see below) so they can better serve the autism population they work with. Sign up here.
- January 18 and 19, 2020: Autism Fitness Level 1 Certification with AF founder Eric Chessen: This is two days of hands on, intensive training for fitness professionals and educators and offers Continuing Education credits for both. Sign up here.
- Fall 2019: Our own program, Right Fit Fitness, will be meant for adults on the autism spectrum and will consist of hour long one on one training with a certified Autism Fitness Professional. As our program grows, we hope to eventually have our athletes working in dyads and then small groups with the hope of establishing a community for them like we have here in our Get Fit NH family.
If you have not seen the heart felt message from Mae Lynn, the heart of Right Fit Fitness, then do yourself a favor and check it out here