Colossal Class Challenge – Bring the Heat!
You will be feeling the burn with this challenge in August!
Put your competitive hats on, it's time to get pumped! Have you ever wondered to yourself, "Which class works the hardest?" or "I'm competitive, so my class is the BEST one"? Well, here is your chance to prove it!
Beginning Monday, August 1st and running through Thursday, August 25th, each class will be its own team competing against all the other training times. Concord teams will compete against all the other Concord teams, and Epsom teams will compete against the training teams from Epsom.
Concord - we have a MyZone challenge for you, and Epsom - you've pushed a 135 lb sled, and now you'll be pulling a weighted tire! Here's how the challenge works for each location:
GFNH Concord: MEPs Madness Challenge
- Your team's goal is to have the most average MEPS.
- Only MEPS in the green, yellow, and red zones will count.
- August 25th is a hard deadline for uploading final MEPs! If your MEPs aren't uploaded by that Friday, then tough cookies!
- Teams by training time: 5am, 6:15am, 7:25am, 8:30am, 4:15pm, 5:30pm & 6:45pm.
- *Important Note* YOU MUST ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE YOURSELF THROUGH MYZONE! This is the only way your MEPs will count. We cannot add you to the challenge. Instructions are below on how to join the challenge.
GFNH Epsom: Tire Drag Challenge
- Your team's goal is to pull the tire for the most amount of laps.
- Coach Nancy will set the distance and weight.
- You get to do the pulling!
- August 25th is the last day to pull the tire, so make sure you start early in the month!
- Teams by training time: 5am, 6:15am, 9am, 4pm & 6pm.
We know what you are thinking... "But Coach Adam, 6:15 has 30 people that use MyZone and 7:25 only has 12, how is that fair?", or "Coach Nancy, we only have 10 people in our class pulling the tire, but 6pm has 15 people". Don't worry - we will be counting average MEPS per team member in Concord, and average laps per team member in Epsom.
The MEPSand laps for each team will be updated here during the month on these awesome scoreboard thermometers that Coach Dean created. This way you'll be able to see how your team stacks up on any given week!
The challenge is ON! Let's go teams!
For those of you who are participating in Concord's MyZone Challenge, we need you to accept an invite in order to take part. It is SUPER EASY and SUPER QUICK!! Here are the instructions:
1. Go to http://moves.MyZone.org
2. Click "Log in" in the top right corner.
3. Log into your account with the email and password you set up.
4. After logging in, you will be taken to your member page where a box will pop up. Click the green circle to accept the challenge.
5. You're ready to go!