Ready To Solve the “I Know, But Don’t Do” Problem? We Can Help.
As a nutrition coach one of the most common statements I hear is “I eat really good but……….” Then the blank is filled in with the challenge that person is facing.
We all have challenges and issues but first what is ‘good’ eating?
Eating good (or Healthy) can easily be summed in in these three rules. By following these three rules you’ll have ‘good’ eating – Healthy Eating.
1) Eat a wide range of veggies every time you eat (with a special emphasis on green veggies). A great rule of thumb when it comes to produce is to consume at least one green item AND as many other colors as possible at each and every meal to get the most health benefits.
2) Eat a wide range of lean proteins at each meal. A great rule of thumb here is to consume at least a fist-sized worth of anything that had a face that ran, flies, or swam at some point (sorry, doesn’t sound as appetizing this way, but it’s one way to remember!). Protein is the only macronutrient responsible for building and repairing lean muscle but it also allows your body to best starve its ugly, unwanted fat stores.
3) Eat a wide range of healthy fats at each meal (olive oil, coconut oil, beef, salmon, whole eggs, avocado, mixed nuts, flax, full-fat cheese, etc.). Sufficient dietary fat intake is critical to beneficial hormone production. Hormones are designed to help us not hinder us. They actually make everything else run smoothly and correctly.
But following rules or even eating the "right food" is not the Secret to Success.
The Secret To Success, to creating lasting change, is this -
Be who you are and face head on the challenges that are unique to you.
- “I’m so busy at work that I often forget to eat”
- “I do really well for a few days but then……”
- “My husband can lose weight just like that but I struggle”
- “If I just think about junk food I gain four pounds”
- “Its nighttime eating that gets me, I sometimes don’t even realize I am eating until its gone.”
- “My job is so stressful that I find a bit of calm in having a treat”
- “My kids have chips and stuff in the house and I can’t help getting into it.”
- “One or two bites of sweets isn’t all that bad, right?”
- “The weekends get me”
Does any of that sound familiar? Can you hear yourself saying this? Can you fill in the blank with another challenge that prevents you from eating ‘good’?
You don't need a different "diet". You need to get to the heart of what makes eating so challenging in your life.
I ‘d like to help you.
I can't even fully express the difference it makes to have "permission" to be less than perfect with this process. I have done more than my fair share of starving and bingeing as a result of trying to be the perfect eater. It is unsustainable and makes me miserable. I can be successful at this. That is a big change for me.
I hate diets. I've never been able to stick with one for more than about 6 hours. I don't actually remember a diet plan that I've done (and I've experimented with many) that lasted more then a work day. It wasn’t that I didn’t know what was good for me, I just didn’t know how to overcome my challenge of sneaking sugary desserts to help myself.
What is Essential Nutrition?
Essential Nutrition is the farthest thing from a diet plan. Rules and regulations about food make me feel like food is our enemy. Labeling food "good" or "bad" makes me feel like we are in a fight against all Foods Evil. Beating ourselves up because we did or didn't eat that or because we did or didn't have enough of this.
Many of us already live in a place where we deal too harshly with ourselves. We easily find fault with ourselves. We don't need one more thing that calls us out and puts us down. Food isn't meant to do that.
Essential Nutrition is designed to help us get better health. It’s about learning to listen to our bodies tell us we are eating enough, too much or too little. It’s about knowing when we are truly satisfied with what we eat. Satisfied not just physically but emotionally.
Eating should be an enjoyable process from start to finish not one of drudgery. The emotional response to our eating should be one that is adding to our health.
I am actually liking the three meals habit. My day is much more structured now and my work day is more focused as I am not always thinking of when or what to eat.
How Does It Work?
The first 6 weeks of Essential Nutrition is not even about food but about you.
Learning to know our bodies, know our energy level, truly seeing our schedule for what it is, fitting food into our life so that it becomes a joy to eat. It’s about figuring out how you can eat to become healthier while still being among friends at a party. It’s about working treats, sweets, bread, cereal, wine, and any other food into your day so that you remain in a good place emotionally about your choices while working towards health.
You can achieve both.
Essential Nutrition will help you make inroads into freedom from guilt, bingeing, sneaking, gorging, restricting, hiding, and any other choice of eating/or not eating we do.
Its not always about the scale, that will come. Essential Nutrition is all about finding the joy in food. Our food choices should make us happy while we are consuming them and hours later. Being content and happy is a great thing and the world needs a whole lot more happy in it.
How can you make it easier to have all this "healthy eating stuff" fit into your life?
The Grateful Plate Nutrition Coaching will be starting our next 10-week “Essential Nutrition” Habit Program October 31st, 2016, and I would like you to join.
“I feel like I've made great progress with our Habits overall - and I'm counting on holding onto them.”
Why Habit Coaching?
Change can be difficult, no question, but trying to muster up willpower to keep disciplined goes against all the evidence of creating lasting change.
In other words creating change is hard because we make it hard. The good news is it doesn’t have to be that way.
The New Way
There is actually a simple, evidence based way to get on the “habit highway”, and it goes like this.
- Have a coach that helps you customize your habit.
- Be part of a group doing the habit.
- Consistently show up for your coach and the group.
You need the coaching and support to do your habit in a way that works for you, and do them often enough so it becomes part of who you are, not just something you do.
Here Is What's Included:
- 10 weeks of personalized coaching
- 5 habits that are tailored to fit your needs
- The Exclusive Grateful Plate "Essentials Cookbook"
- And to deliver all your nutritional lessons and habits you’ll receive access to "Habit Catalyst". (You can optionally download the "Habit Tracker" app for both iPhone and Android, so you never miss a lesson and check-in. Pretty cool!)
The Magic? A incredible community of online support, help, encouragement, and accountability.
The 10-Week “Essential Nutrition” Habit Coaching course is $197 for 10 weeks. Simple as that.
No gimmicks, no fancy supplements to buy, no shakes, pills, potions or lotions. If all that stuff worked the world would be fit and healthy by now.
One more thing. This is not one of those online programs where you don’t get to talk the coaches. We are coaches, we love to coach, and this program is all about you getting the coaching you need. In fact if you don’t really want coaching, accountability and support, please don’t sign up for this program.
Secure your spot below and I'll send you your copy of my " Essential Recipes" cookbook", a beautiful 27-page full color downloadable guide to easily preparing meals, right away. We will hook you up on our Private "Habit Ninja's" page so we can get to know each other. Then look for more info in your inbox starting Friday October 28th as we get ready to rock!
Questions? Click Here To Send Me A Note
To your best health,