Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake
Serves: 4/Cal: 489/Fat: 34.2g/Carb: 19.7g/Prot: 25.6g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Sweet Potato, diced
- 1 pd sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Kale leaves, torn
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook & stir sausage in same skillet over med-high heat until crumbled & browned, about 5 minutes. Add to bowl with sweet potatoes.
- Cook & stir onion & red bell pepper in same skillet until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Add mushrooms & kale, cook until kale softens, about 3 minutes more. Add to bowl.
- Whisk eggs, water, thyme, salt & pepper together in small bowl. Stir into sausage mixture and pour into large baking dish.
- Bake until sweet potatoes start to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes and garnish with green onions.
Simple Skillet Breakfast
Serves: 6/Cal: 203/Fat: 16g/Carb: 0g/Prot: 13g
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 asparagus, chopped into 1” pieces
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 325F
- In a large oven safe skillet, brown sausage over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs together in a medium bowl. Add salt & pepper. Set aside
- After sausage is half way done, add onion, pepper & asparagus. Cook until the sausage is done and vegetables are tender - about 7 minutes.
- Add eggs to skillet and incorporate sausage and vegetables.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until eggs set.
Sausage, Tomato, Basil Frittata
Serves: 8/Cal: /Fat: /Carb: /Prot:
- 1lb ground ground italian sweet sausage
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Bunch of fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Roma tomatoes or 3 smaller tomatoes
- Basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Heat coconut oil in oven proof skillet
- Cook sausage until brown. Add red pepper flakes if you wish.
- Once sausage is cooked, add spinach, blend and then remove from heat.
- Off heat, add the chopped basil.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, onion powder and salt. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Top sausage/egg mixture with sliced tomatoes, then salt & pepper
- Bake approximately 20-25 minutes until eggs are set and sides are golden brown.
- Once out of the oven, garnish with fresh basil.
- Let side a few minutes prior to serving.
Serves: 6/Cal: /Fat: /Carb: /Prot:
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 eggs
- 1/2 almond milk
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- Including green beans, tomatoes, kale and mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pour EVOO into oven proof skillet and coat all sides. Heat on stovetop for 2 mins.
- Meanwhile whisk together eggs and milk. Add vegetables, pour into skillet.
- Heat for approximately 5 minutes until the sides start to cook.
- Transfer to oven, cook approximately 15-20 minutes until mixture has set.
- For a browner crust, you can put under broiler for a few minutes.
Scrambled Eggs with Spinach
Serves: 2/Cal: /Fat: Carb: /Prot:
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat skillet and add coconut oil.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a bowl
- Dice avocado, set aside
- Add eggs, mushrooms and spinach to the skillet.
- Once eggs are cooked, add avocado
- Add salt & pepper to taste and serve
Serves: 6 /Cal: 162/Fat: 6g/Carb: 18g /Prot: 8g
- 1 lb sweet potato. Peeled & diced
- 2 sm Yukon Gold potatoes. Peeled & diced
- 1/2 lb ground sausage or turkey
- 1/2 sm yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss potatoes and olive oil on baking sheet coating well. Season with salt & pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile in large skillet, brown sausage or turkey.
- In the final few minutes of cooking, add onion and peppers and cook until soft
- Combine sausage mixture with potatoes and serve.
Tomato Basil Scramble
Serves: 2/Cal: 138/Fat: 12g/Carb: 1g/Prot: 6g
- 4 eggs
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- Salt & Peppers, to taste
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 3 fresh basil leaves, minced
- Melt coconut oil in skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, add eggs and whisk until frothy.
- Add tomatoes and basil to egg mixture and combine well.
- Slowly add egg mixture to warm skillet and stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- Cook to desired doneness, season with salt & pepper and serve.
Super Quick Scramble
Serves: 1/Cal: 350/Fat: 29g/Carb: 5g/Prot: 21g
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 4 baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Chop up the vegetables and ham.
- Place 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil or ghee into frying pan and melt. Saute the vegetables and ham. Add additional oil, if needed
- Please whisked eggs into a separate frying pan with 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil/ghee. Cook over medium heat and keep stirring to prevent overcooking. Add more oil, if needed.
- Once the eggs are cooked, season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Lastly, add the vegetables and ham to egg mixture and serve immediately.
Serves: 4/Cal: /Fat: 13g/Carb: 18g/Prot: 16g
- 8 eggs
- 2 sausages, cooked & sliced
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 Tbsp cooking fat
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt cooking fat in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add shredded sweet potato, cook 6 to 8 minutes until nicely browned.
- Remove from heat and place mixture in a casserole dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, basil, chives, and salt & pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over sweet potato mixture and top with sliced sausage.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let casserole rest for 4 to 5 minute before slicing.