Rich Mushroom Mix
Prep: 10 min/Servings: 6/Cal: 100/Fat: 6g/Carb: 8g/Prot: 4g
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pd mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup ghee, melted
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- In your slow cooker, mix mushrooms with onions, ghee, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and paprika. Toss to combine
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Prep: 10 min/Servings: 2 cups/Cal: 301/Fat: 32.9g/Carb: 2g/Prot: 1.6g
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2cup walnuts
- 1/2cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
NOTE: Try using other herbs for a variety of flavors. Mint and Cilantro work especially well.
- Put the basil in a food processor and plus until well chopped. Add the walnuts and continue chopping.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil and lemon juice and puree until you have a smooth sauce. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Refrigerate any leftover sauce.
Roasted Vegetable Medley
Prep: 15 min/Serves: 6/Cal: 191/Fat: 5g/Carb: 34.6g/Prot: 4g
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lg yam, peeled & cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lg parsnip, peeled & cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 2 baking sheets with 1 TBSP olive oil.
- Place yams, parsnips & carrots on baking sheet. Bake for 30 mins, then add zucchini & asparagus and drizzle with remaining 1 TBSP of olive oil. Continue baking for 30 mins until tender.
- Once tender, remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 mins on baking sheet.
- Toss the roasted red peppers, garlic, basil salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add roasted red pepper mixture to vegetables and toss to mix.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Serves: 6/Cal: 175/Fat: 12.1g/Carb: 13.6g/Prot: 4.8g
- 1 pd brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into ½” pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat to 400 degrees.
- Place brussels sprouts in single layer in baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle bacon over top, season with salt & pepper.
- Roast until bacon is crispy and brussels sprouts are caramelized about 45 minutes; stirring halfway through.
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Serves: 4/Cal: 321/Fat: 7.3g/Carb: 61g/Prot: 4.8g
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 pinches of dried oregano
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of baking dish or non-stick baking sheet with olive oil, just enough to coat.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut into medium size pieces.
- Place in baking dish or on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and salt & pepper.
- Toss to coat all potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until tender.
Garlic Green Beans
Serves: 4/Cal: /Fat: 6g/Carb: 13g/Prot: 2g
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp sesame oil, optional
- Salt to taste
- Bring large pot of water generously seasoned with salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans and blanch for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to ice bath to stop cooking, then drain.
- Heat the clarified butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add green beans, coconut aminos, rice vinegar and sesame oil (if using), toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce has reduced and green beans are just starting to get tender.
- Transfer to serving bowl, drizzle with remaining sauce and serve.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Serves: 4/Cal: /Fat: 10g/Carb: 4g/Prot: 1g
- 1 lb cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In large bowl, combine mayo, dill, chives, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Add cucumber slices and stir gently until combined.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.