Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Serves: 6/Cal: 175/Fat: 12.1g/Carb: 13.6g/Prot: 4.8g
- 1 pd brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into ½” pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat to 400 degrees.
- Place brussels sprouts in single layer in baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle bacon over top, season with salt & pepper.
- Roast until bacon is crispy and brussels sprouts are caramelized about 45 minutes; stirring halfway through.
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Serves: 4/Cal: 321/Fat: 7.3g/Carb: 61g/Prot: 4.8g
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 pinches of dried oregano
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of baking dish or non-stick baking sheet with olive oil, just enough to coat.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut into medium size pieces.
- Place in baking dish or on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and salt & pepper.
- Toss to coat all potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until tender.
Garlic Green Beans
Serves: 4/Cal: /Fat: 6g/Carb: 13g/Prot: 2g
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp sesame oil, optional
- Salt to taste
- Bring large pot of water generously seasoned with salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans and blanch for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to ice bath to stop cooking, then drain.
- Heat the clarified butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add green beans, coconut aminos, rice vinegar and sesame oil (if using), toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce has reduced and green beans are just starting to get tender.
- Transfer to serving bowl, drizzle with remaining sauce and serve.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Serves: 4/Cal: /Fat: 10g/Carb: 4g/Prot: 1g
- 1 lb cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In large bowl, combine mayo, dill, chives, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Add cucumber slices and stir gently until combined.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately.