The orange wristband corresponds with the rotary stability test that took place in the quadruped position. This test helps us coaches analyze the functioning of your pelvic, hip, and shoulder girdle stability when combined with an upper and lower body movement. The ability to complete this exercise tells us that you’re transferring of energy from the lower body to the upper body during and exercise should be performed well, with minimal risk of injury.
The focus on this movement pattern is more so STABILITY, where the Active Straight Leg Raise and Shoulder ROM tests demonstrated your MOBILITY.
What is this band for?
The orange wristband protects you from potential injury during explosive movements (listed below). When there is a possible disconnect between the upper and lower body, a less than ideal result may occur. Through proper core stability exercises, we can work to make things smooth and efficient from head to toe!
What does this mean when it comes to exercise?
Power movements are done carefully and may be avoided to stay injury free.
Examples of exercises not performed with an orange band:
- Sandbag cleans
- KB squat to clean
- KB swings
Well, how can I work to get out of my band? I want to do some of those exercises!!!
Core stabilizing exercises should be performed often, so often that you may even begin dreaming of them!
Purpose: to strengthen the abdominals
How to perform it:
- Begin standing with feet hip/shoulder width apart
- Reach for the floor while keeping the legs straight and beginning walking hands out until in a pushup position
- Pause with hands directly under shoulders
- Slowly walk hands back towards your feet and stand up completely
Repeat: 1 minute
2. Slow Mountain Climbers
Purpose: to strengthen the abdominals while in motion
How to perform it:
- Start in a pushup position- hands under the shoulders and with the ankles, knees, and glutes squeezed together
- Slowly bring the right knee towards the right elbow for 3 seconds
- Slowly bring the right knee back towards the other leg for 3 seconds
- Repeat with left leg
- *Focus on keeping your hips stable to minimize your hips from rocking side to side
Repeat: keep alternating legs for 1 minute
Let's conquer this band together,